I was listening to a great podcast called “The Model Health Show” a few days ago as I was working out by a guy called Shawn Stevenson interviewing a chap called Jim Kwik.
Jim Kwik is a “brain and memory coach to elite mental performers and superheroes”
That’s what his Instagram says 🙂
All joking apart though, the guy is an expert in this field.
Anyway, in the podcast Jim shared some great stuff that I would like to share with you today.
He talked about the brain and the things needed to perform optimally in the gym but also for everything in life.
If you think about it, the brain is a super computer that is in control of every function and emotion that takes place in the body so taking care of it should be top priority.
If you want an amazing life, you need a super brain. I’ve mentioned this before in previous newsletters but this was really valuable so I thought I would share it again.
10 Things You Must Do to Have a Super Brain and Become a Super Human.
- Great diet
- Eliminate negative thoughts
- Brain nutrients – neurogenesis
- Positive peer group
- External environment
- Brain protection
- New learning
- Stress management
- A great diet with quality sources of protein, fats, carbs and clean water. Stick to protein and fats and add carbs around workout times if needed. Lots of water every day.
- Eliminate negative thoughts – not easy but remember this…
…Your mind is always eavesdropping on your self-talk
- Exercise – when you exercise you release all the feel good chemicals, neurotransmitters and hormones that give you a buzz and improve your mood instantly.
- Brain nutrients – this means quality supplementation, vitamins, minerals and quality fish oil which are very hard if not impossible to obtain from our diet in the optimal amounts.
- Positive peer group – you are the sum of the 5 people you hang around with the most. You can do the maths.
- External environment – is it toxic or is it promoting good health?
- SLEEP – the big one. Check here for more on that <<===
- Brain protection – protect that head of yours. Always wear a helmet if you are on a bike or skiing/snowboarding etc
- New learning – are you learning new things every day? The brain can continue creating new neural pathways right up until the day we die. This can really help prevent dementia and Alzheimer’s and other neurodegenerative diseases
- Stress management – if you are stressed you will release hormones such as cortisol and adrenalin. These are great if you are being chased by a sabre-toothed tiger but in the modern day they can cause stress and ageing on the body. Stress is the silent killer
I hope this was of value for you guys.
With so many new people on the newsletter recently, I thought it would be a great opportunity to explain to all the newbies what we do over here at www.gavgillibrand.com and what we can offer you:
- 1-2-1 Personal Training
- Online fitness coaching
- Luxury fitness retreats
- Talks/Seminars/lunch and learns in the city/worldwide
If you want to finally get the results you’ve always wanted and can get to Liverpool Street in the city between 6.30am and 7.30pm then our 1-2-1 PT sessions might be for you.
If you want to work with us but live away from the City then our online coaching might be the best option for you
And, if you own a company or work for a company and have an audience that you think would benefit from learning about what we write about in the newsletter on a deeper level, we are available for seminars, lunch and learns and group talks in London and abroad.
Special offer today only, we are also offering a COMPLIMENTARY personal training session to just 4 people with either Tom or myself.
You can claim your trial session here or by replying directly to this email.
For more exclusive content, advice and motivation, subscribe to my newsletter below and receive my FREE report that reveals:
7 quick and easy ways to decrease stress, increase energy and have laser sharp focus all day long.